Sunday, July 8, 2012

July 7/8

The weekend finally came rolling in after stressful days of adapting to the new life in Geneva. Although nothing much happened over the weekend except organizing and researching about different organizations, I did have some time to go to France with my host to a nice swimming pool. On Saturday morning, my friend, Alex left for Korea for his summer vacation with his mom. This meant a lot more space for me at the house, but it was going to be quite lonely without him around. My host and I were the only people in the house now and it became quite boring soon enough. The weather was hot and there was nothing much to do at the house, so my host thought it would be a good idea to visit a nice swimming pool in the afternoon. I have always loved swimming and it was great that I had the chance to workout. I promised myself that I would get in shape during my stay in Geneva by running and working out every night, but so far, my plan has not been carried out successfully. Stressing out about running around learning about places was one thing but trying to resist all the good food that seemed to taunt me was impossible. The pizza, the steak and all the luxurious cuisine in Geneva enticed me to eat as much as possible and as a result, I gradually gained weight every day. From this, I thought that staying committed to a promise was one thing, but I also thought that living life to the fullest the way I wanted was worth so much more. After all, this was a very rare opportunity for a teenager like me and I did not want to torture myself by committing to a diet. The swimming pool was in France, but it only took us half an hour to get there. The pool had nice facilities like giant water slides and comfortable chairs to tan. I felt so relaxed in the warm swirling pool and I was in heaven. I have been longing for this perfect moment since the beginning and here it was. I closed my eyes and let the water carry me around and around. Old memories rushed back when I was just a little kid who went to the swimming pool every day to have fun. All those memories seemed like yesterday and now here I was: a grown, stressed out teenager who was lying on the water like an old man. I longed for the old days, but I was pretty thankful of the way I was right now because I was enjoying the moment. The afternoon passed by like that and the day was coming to another close. But before the host and I headed back home, we grabbed some pizzas at a close by restaurant. We were lucky to find an open restaurant because we did not expect any stores to be open at 7 p.m. There were a few people making a quick dinner-run to the restaurant to grab a quick bite of pizza to bring back home. My host ordered a seafood pizza while I ordered a random pizza that had the same name as the restaurant’s. My pizza turned out to be very unique because it had a fried egg on top of the pizza. I thought it was very creative and delicious mix with the egg and the pizza. Before I knew it, I gobbled down the pizza and was lying on the bed, getting ready to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montblanc

WordPress plugin